Hints & Tips
Here we provide some key tips and advice on bike security.
- Always lock your bike to something solid and immovable.
- Leave your bike in a place where there is less opportunity for the thief to work unnoticed, for example a busy public street.
- Use at least two different styles of locks when securing your bike.
- Even if you are just leaving your bike for a minute, lock it up!
- If there are other bikes parked nearby, park near one which has less security than you. A thief will more than likely take the easier option.
- You get what you pay for; guidelines suggest that you should spend approx 10% of the value of your bike on a lock to secure it.
- Speak to your insurance company as they may specify the use of a certain brand or kind of lock to qualify for their insurance.