Hints & Tips
Bike theft is fairly common; however it can be prevented with security measures and can improve your chances of getting your bike back. However if your bike is stolen would you be able to afford to replace your bike, bike insurance can help cover the cost of purchasing a replacement.
When insuring your bike you need to consider and look for the following things:
- How much excess will you have to pay?
- Will your bike be covered even if you're not at home?
- Do they offer 'new for old' replacement cover?
- Are your accessories covered if they are stolen?
- Are you covered for travelling abroad?
- Will you need a certain type of lock?
- Will your insurance cover you for time trialling, road racing, etc?
- Do they provide personal accident cover in case of injury?
Having public liability or third party insurance can offer protection if you are involved in a collision where you injure someone else or damage their property and they have to make a claim against you. The cover offered by most insurance companies will be at least £1 million for damage or injury.