• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

What will I need for my houseboat?

Hints & Tips

Putting aside the essential household items that you will need within your houseboat, there are still extra purchases that need to be made. These are essential for use on the inland waterways.

  • British Waterways key to access facility blocks, open swing bridges and enter other facilities (cost of around £5)
  • A handcuff key that opens anti-vandal locks (cost of around £5)
  • Electrical cards to enable you to hook up your boats 240 volt system or to re-charge your batteries. Available from local waterway offices
  • Windlas – To open the locks
  • Navigation maps and guide books