• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Sailing Dinghy Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Boat Insurance FAQs sections.

Am I covered for overseas travel with my sailing dinghy?

Yes. Cover is provided for up to 30 days per occasion, up to a maximum total in a year of 90 days while the insured sailing dinghy is being used on inland or coastal waters of the continent of Europe.

Back to top

Are my personal belongings covered whilst left on the dinghy?

Yes, up to a value of £2,500. Your immediate families' personal belongings are also covered under your policy. There is a maximum limit per item of £250, unless otherwise agreed with the insurer.

Back to top

Can I use my dinghy for racing and competing?

Yes, the craft can be used for racing, regattas or speed trails. You would need to specify what activities you do when you get a quote.

Back to top

What is the excess on my sailing dinghy policy?

A £75 excess applies to each and every claim except for total loss/constructive total loss claims. If claims are made under more than one section of cover, an excess will apply to each section of cover under which a claim is made. Claims for damage to underwater gear occurring in tidal waters are subject to a double excess charge.

Back to top

What is the maximum length that my dinghy can measure?

The maximum length that the dinghy can measure is 30ft. Any vessel measuring over this amount in length cannot be insured.

Back to top