• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Rowing Boat Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Boat Insurance FAQs sections.

Am I covered for overseas travel on my rowing boat?

Yes. Cover is provided for up to 30days per occasion, up to a maximum total in a year of 90 days while the insured rowing boat is being used on inland or coastal waters of the continent of Europe.

Back to top

Can I compete with my rowing boat?

Yes, you can partake in water sports and competitions, as long as you indicate this when taking out your policy. Selecting competing may result in an additional premium.

Back to top

Do you provide cover for my accessories, such as rowing paddles and oars?

We do not offer cover for breakage of paddles and oars whilst in use. If your loose equipment is not in use or is left unattended it must be secured by the use of wire rope, or chain and hardened steel padlocks. Accessories must be specified over £100. There is a single item limit of £250.

Back to top

What is the excess on my rowing boat policy?

Excess is the amount that you have to pay towards each claim.

A £50 excess applies to each and every claim except for total loss/constructive total loss claims. If claims are made under more than one section of cover, an excess will apply to each section of cover under which a claim is made.

Back to top

What is the maximum length that my rowing boat can measure?

The maximum length that the rowing boat can measure is 70ft. Any vessel measuring over this in length cannot be insured.

Back to top