• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Motorboat and Speedboat Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Boat Insurance FAQs sections.

Are there any restrictions in my policy that I need to be aware of?

The maximum length that the speed boat or motor boat can measure is 30ft. Any vessel measuring over this amount in length cannot be insured. This policy does not cover any craft designed to travel at speeds in excess of 35 knots.

Back to top

Can I insure my Jet ski?

We regret that we are unable to offer any cover for Jet skis, wet skis, personal watercraft (pw/pw's) or the like.

Back to top

Do I need to have the craft surveyed to be able to get insurance?

If your craft is more than 20 years old you must have a full survey report which is no more than 2 years old and which was carried out by a qualified chartered surveyor whilst the craft was out of the water. You must ensure that any recommendations made following the survey have been fully met. A copy of this must be provided when a policy is set up.

Back to top

Do you provide cover for my trailer and launching trolley?

Yes, we provide cover for your trailer or trolley against fire, theft following forcible entry, or accidental damage when specified in your insurance policy, if normally used for transporting your craft, up to the cost price, market value or the sum insured amount (whichever is less).

Back to top

I am thinking of taking a trip out on my motorboat with friends, is there a maximum number of passengers able to travel on the boat?

We have a maximum of 12 people per vessel. If the number of passengers exceeds this amount, we are unable to provide insurance at this time.

Back to top

What is the excess on my speed and motorboat policy?

An excess of £100 (Inland waterways) or £150 (coastal waterways or both inland and coastal waterways) is payable for each and every claim except for total or constructive total loss claims. If claims are made under more than one section of cover, an excess will apply to each section of cover under which a claim is made. Claims for damage to underwater gear occurring in tidal waters will be subject to a double excess.

Back to top