• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Horse Trailer Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Equine Insurance FAQs sections.

Can I take my trailer or horse-drawn vehicle abroad?

Yes, as part of our gold policy you can take your horse trailer into Europe for up to a maximum of 180 days within a year with up to a total of 31 days per occasion.

Back to top

Do you offer new for old cover on horse trailers?

Yes. Horse trailer policies come with up to 2 years new for old cover, dependant on what level of cover is chosen.

Back to top

What are the security requirements?

Insured trailer or horse drawn vehicle must be clamped by a proper wheel clamp when not in use unless it is kept in a building that is:
Totally enclosed and secure; and
A permanent substantial structure or brick, stone or timber; and
Has doors kept locked by a patent 5 lever lock and windows secured with patent window locks.
Trailer/horse-drawn vehicle must be clamped by a proper wheel clamp when in use but unattended.

Back to top

What does public liability cover me for?

Public liability covers you for any damages or costs that occur to a third party arising from your trailer/horse drawn vehicle.

Back to top

What is the maximum value that you insure for horse trailers?

Your horse trailer or horse drawn vehicle's value must not exceed £10,000.

Back to top

Why take out Trailer insurance?

Unfortunately accidents can and do occur whilst on the road. Trailers and horse drawn vehicles are more susceptible to damages due to their size. Trailer insurance covers you financially should any accidents occur, meaning that you don't have to worry. Please note, that public liability cover does not apply when the trailer is attached to the touring vehicle.

Back to top