• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Horse Rider Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Equine Insurance FAQs sections.

I am under 18 years old. Can I take out the junior policy?

You must have a parent/guardian take out the policy for you as you are under 18 years old. The policy will include your details and be for your sole use.

Back to top

Is the dental treatment for me or my horse/pony?

You. The dental treatment is there to provide you with cover should you injure your teeth as a result of an accident. The horse will be covered under the vet's fees section of the policy.

Back to top

What does personal accident mean?

Personal accident cover is for accidental injury whilst riding which causes either total loss of sight, loss of two or more limbs, or deafness in both ears.

Personal accident covers you if you have an accidental bodily injury during the period of insurance while either riding (including getting on and off) or in control of any horse; driving (including getting in and out of) any horse-drawn vehicle; or riding as a passenger (including getting in and out of) any horse-drawn vehicle.

Back to top

What is schools fees?

If you cannot attend private schooling due to the result of a horse riding accident - we will reimburse the lost fees.

Back to top

Why take out Rider Only Insurance?

Rider Only Insurance is for those who may not own a horse or pony but still enjoy riding and desire the peace of mind available with this fully comprehensive cover.

Back to top