• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Canoe and Kayak Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Boat Insurance FAQs sections.

Am I covered for overseas travel with my canoe and kayak?

Yes. Cover is provided for up to 30 days per occasion, up to a maximum total in a year of 90 days while the insured canoe or kayak is being used on inland or coastal waters of the continent of Europe.

Back to top

Are my personal belonging covered under my policy whilst on the craft?

Yes. Items such as Wetsuits, Life Jackets, Paddles etc would be covered. Items over £100 must be specified at the time of taking out the policy. Please note that the maximum single item limit is £250. We do not cover personal effects such as Mobile phones, Money, Jewellery or Cameras.

Back to top

Are there any restrictions on height and length of the Canoe or Kayak?

Yes, the length of your canoe or kayak cannot exceed 30ft.

Back to top

Is my canoe or kayak covered for racing?

You are not covered for loss or liability when taking part in any racing or speed trials of any kind unless such usage has been agreed with us in writing and your policy endorsed accordingly.

Back to top

Is my canoe/kayak covered whilst in transit?

Yes along as it meets all the relevant security requirements.

Back to top

What different types of insurance do you offer?

We offer cover for canoes and kayaks for sea or river use, including white water.

Back to top

What is the excess canoe and kayak policy?

A £50 excess applies to each and every claim except for total loss/constructive total loss claims. If claims are made under more than one section of cover, an excess will apply to each section of cover under which a claim is made.

Back to top

What is the maximum value you insure?

The value of your canoe or kayak cannot exceed £5,000.

Back to top

What is the minimum age we can insure a craft user for?

The minimum age for insuring someone to take control of the craft is 14 years old. However, the policy must be set up by a parent or guardian.

Back to top