• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Camera Equipment Insurance FAQs

If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Leisure and Lifestyle Insurance FAQs sections.

Am I covered if I lend, loan or hire my photography equipment to another person?

No, the cover is only applicable to you.

Back to top

Are there any photography items you cannot cover?

We cover most items with the exception of consumables such as batteries, films, bulbs, leads, memory cards and cables. Laptop equipment and computers can be covered if they are used in conjunction with the photographic equipment and business.

Back to top

Are there any security requirements needed to protect my photography information whilst at the risk address?

Yes, please see the list of security requirements.

  1. View our Security Requirements

Back to top

Can you cover camcorders, binoculars/telescopes?

Yes, all theses items can be insured.

Back to top

Do you cover underwater camera equipment?

No, unfortunately we don't. This is something we may introduce in the future.

Back to top

Do you insure photography studios?

We are able to cover the photography equipment owned by you within the studio, although we are unable to insure the building itself.

Back to top

How do you determine whether I need the amateur or professional photography policy?

If any monetary gain is made from the sale of your work you would require the professional cover, even if this is not your main source of income.

Back to top

Is my photography equipment covered whilst I am abroad?

30 days worldwide cover is included as standard on the policy. Should you wish to extend the duration beyond 30 days we provide an optional worldwide cover extension.

Back to top

Is there a limit for any single item I propose to insure?

The single item limit on this policy is £7,500.

Back to top