Cycle Insurance from E&L provides competitive, cheap bicycle insurance for your push bike and accessories. We cover most make and type of cycle so if your looking for mountain bike insurance, cover for your racing cycle or BMX, we can help.
We provide cycle insurance for riders using their bikes for leisure purposes, road based time trails, racing and competitions. You can find out more about our cycle cover in our cycle policy information section. For frequently asked questions about our insurance plans please take a look at our cycle insurance FAQs.
Bicycle insurance provides a wealth of cover which includes cover for theft and accidental, which is essential as unfortunately, the sad reality is that many bicycles get stolen each year with only a very small percentage being recovered.
It's also reality that cyclists are more vulnerable when sharing the same roads as motor vehicles and regrettably accidents do happen. And with the introduction to promote cleaner travel to the workplace and get healthy at the same time through the governments cycle to work scheme, push bike insurance really should be considered as the risks become even greater.
We cannot prevent the theft of cycles or accidents from happening but you can take steps to protect yourself against them with comprehensive cycling insurance from E&L®.
Push bike insurance from E&L offers the following great benefits:-
- Up to £5,000 cycle and accessories cover
- Protection for Fire, theft, accidental damage and loss, replacement hire, emergency recovery, personal accident and public liability cover
- Up to of 3 years new for old cover
- Up to 45 days Worldwide Use
- 20% online premium discount
- Over 50's and junior discount
Our Leisure and Compete plans are ideal for keen cyclists involved in competitions, pleasure riders who enjoy cycling for leisure or commuting.
The Leisure Plan provides cover for bicycles used for day-to-day leisure and road-based time trials
The Compete Plan provides cover for bicycles used for racing and competitions for semi-professional cyclists
For more useful information on owning and riding your bike please see our cycle tips and advice section which covers topics such as buying a bike through to bicycle safety.
Why not take a look at bicycle insurance plans now and see how little you could be paying to protect your bike. Get a push bike insurance quote online in seconds.
Cycle Policy Information
- Leisure Plan – For bicycles used for leisure and road-based time trials.
- Compete Plan – For bicycles used for racing and competitions.
Fire, Theft, Accidental Loss or Accidental Damage to Bicycle
Cover for fire, theft, accidental loss and damage to the insured bicycle and specified accessories.
New for Old
If your cycle is totally destroyed or stolen within 3 years (monthly policies)/2 years (annual policies) of new, sum insured or new market value if less will be paid.
|100% within 3 years||100% within 2 years|
Cover extends to include any additional expenses incurred in hiring alternative bicycle due to an insured loss, under the fire, theft, accidental loss or accidental damage section.
£150 limit per week
£100 limit per week
If you are more than five miles or more from home and unable to complete your journey due to an insured loss, under the fire, theft, accidental loss or accidental damage section, we can help cover the cost of getting you home.
Cover extends to include use of the cycle, outside of the UK, for a single trip.
|up to 45 days||up to 31 days|
Accidental bodily injury while using the bicycle resulting in one of the following a) death, b) loss of total sight, c) loss of one or more limbs, d) deafness in both ears, e) permanent total disablement. Benefits reduced to 25% for riders under 16.
Legal liability to a third party for the damages and costs arising from your use of the insured bicycle/accessories.
- Area A: All counties other than those in Area B
- Area B: London & Berkshire, Essex, Sussex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Middlesex and Surrey
Please see our Cycle Security Requirements document.
Cycle Lock List
Please see our Cycle Lock List document.
The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim.
- £69 on cycles valued up to £1,000.
- £95 on cycles valued between £1,001 and £3,000
- £110 on cycles valued £3,001 and over. Public Liability excess is £260
1. Lunar monthly policy (more information)
The following discounts are available on E&L® Cycle Insurance:
- 20% online discount
- 5% premium discount for cyclists aged 14-18 and over 50 years
- 5% premium discount if insuring 2 or more cycles
The total maximum discount per policy is 25%.
Introductory discounts provided only apply to new policies taken out online.
To be eligible for E&L® Cycle Insurance the following conditions must be met:
- The policyholder is a UK resident aged over 18 years (junior applications must be taken out by a parent/guardian aged over 18)
- The bicycle must not be used for professional or trade purposes, except commuting
- You must meet our security requirements
- Please have a look at the cycle security lock list
Please see the Cycle Insurance Policy Wording for full eligibility criteria.
The policy summary gives an overview of the benefits our cycle insurance provides
The policy wording outlines full details of our cycle insurance terms and conditions.
To view the above PDFs Adobe Reader must be installed.
View our Testimonials pages.