• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

E&L® Camera Equipment Insurance provides superb, low cost cover

  • Cover available for equipment valued up to £20,000
  • Policies for amateur and professional photographers
  • Choice of cover: Room Only and All Risk
  • Theft, damage and accidental loss, replacement hire, personal accident and public liability cover included as standard
  • Up to 2 years new for old cover available
  • Optional extensions: Unattended vehicle cover (all risk policy only); Unlimited worldwide cover (all risk policy only)
  • 25% online discount

Buying camera equipment can be an expensive investment and it is an unfortunate reality that theft can be a major problem. It makes sense to protect your camera and equipment with quality insurance from E&L®. We are confident that you will find a camera insurance policy to suit your needs.

Cover for amateurs and professional photographers available:

  • Amateur: Camera and equipment not used for business purposes or to earn an income
  • Professional: Camera and equipment used to earn an income from photography

Choose Room Only or All Risk cover:

  • Room Only: Insurance cover is provided inside the risk address only. For example, in a photographic studio.
  • All Risk: Required if photographic equipment is to be removed from risk address. For example, to a shoot or abroad. Ideal camera equipment insurance policy for mobile photographers.

Check our Photographic FAQs and out Camera hints and tips sections.

Camera Equipment Policy Information

  Monthly1 Yearly
Theft, Damage and Accidental Loss

Including in transit risk.

100% sum insured or market value if less
New for Old

Following total loss due to insured peril, up to sum insured or new market value whichever is less.

100% within 2 years of new 100% within 1 year of new
Hire of Replacement Equipment

Additional hiring expenses incurred as a result of an insured loss.

£1,500 £1,250
Personal Accident

Accidental injury whilst using the insured equipment entirely preventing any occupation as a result of one or more of the following: a) death, b) total and irrecoverable loss of auditive power, sight or limbs or c) permanent total disablement.

£7,500 £5,000
Public Liability

Legal liability to a third party for damages and costs arising out of a claim for death or bodily injury, or loss or damage to property caused by or through your use of the insured items.

£1.25m per incident £1m per incident

Security Requirements

Please see our Camera Equipment Security Requirements document.


The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim. It is 7.5% of the insured loss with a minimum of £160 for all sections except Public Liability where it is £260. For theft from vehicles/certain public areas the excess becomes 12.5% of the insured loss with a minimum of £260 for all sections. The excess is double for overseas claims.

1. Lunar monthly policy (more information)

The following discounts are available on E&L® Camera Equipment Insurance:

  • 25% online discount

The total maximum discount per policy is 25%.

Introductory discounts provided only apply to new policies taken out online.

To be eligible for E&L® Camera Equipment Insurance the following conditions must be met:

Please see the Camera Equipment Insurance Policy Wording for full eligibility criteria.

Register a Claim

Several of our claim forms are available to download online in PDF format. After completing the form you will be provided with a download link to your requested claim form which you can simply print out, fill in and either fax or post to us.

To complete the form please click here

View our Testimonials pages.

If you love photography, camera insurance is an essential bit of gear!

It doesn't matter if you're an amateur or a professional - photography equipment is expensive! From the camera itself, to more specialist items like lenses, flash guns and tripods, it's easy to accumulate and use hundreds - if not thousands - of pounds worth of gear.

And whether or not the kit is used as part of your livelihood, it would certainly be a shame for any of it to become damaged or go missing.

That's why E&L offers camera insurance policies specifically designed to cover your equipment. Whatever type of photography you do, getting camera insurance from E&L is a wise decision that will protect your investment and give you the freedom to explore and enjoy this exciting art form.

To find out more about the photography insurance from E&L, why not get a free online quote today? You'll be delighted at the cover it provides and the low prices - and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

What to focus on when choosing camera insurance

If you're thinking about purchasing camera insurance, you should seek a policy that covers your specific needs. In most cases, this means something that can be customised depending on whether you're an amateur or a professional, and for the amount of photography that you do.

With photographer insurance from E&L, you can also choose from room-only insurance that covers you only in a specific premises, as well as all risk plans that provide protection in places around the country, or even worldwide, and they can even include unattended vehicle cover.

Our photography insurance is offered on cameras and equipment valued up to £10,000 and includes protection against theft, loss, vandalism or accidental damage. New-for-old replacement is included on items up to two years old. Policies also come with public liability as standard.

There are two payment options available on all of our camera insurance plans: yearly and monthly. The monthly plan is based on the 28-day lunar calendar and for many customers, it is the ideal option as it offers a lower monthly payment with a higher level of coverage.

You can also benefit from an additional 25% discount if you purchase your photography insurance online.

A picture-perfect choice: UK camera insurance from E&L

Here at E&L, we take great pride in offering the types of insurance that our customers require. We've been providing cover for niche sectors for more than 70 years and during that time, we've built a reputation for friendly customer service and reliable policies that offer just the right level of cover.

If you combine your love of photography with other pastimes - like camping or cycling - we offer coverage for those too.

To find out more about our photographer insurance, please take a look at our photography insurance FAQs. If you're just getting started out in photography, be sure to check our tips and hints section, where we offer advice on how to choose a camera, as well as ways to get the most of your pictures. We can even help you keep up to date with the latest photography news.