• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote

Venue fire fails to stop wedding

Couples may be more inclined to invest in wedding insurance after hearing how one bride and groom almost had their big day ruined by a fire.

Nancy and Michael Rogers were due to exchange vows at the White Point Beach Resort in Nova Scotia, but the hotel went up in flames on the morning of the ceremony, the Canadian National Post reports.

Mrs Rogers explained how she was informed of the blaze as she as changing into her wedding gown and was shocked when the police arrived to evacuate the bridal party.

Fire crews arrived on the scene and spent more than six hours battling the flames, while the couple were forced to say their vows in a different building.

However, it seems the bride and groom were still able to enjoy their wedding day and the pair even posed for photographs with the fire in the background.

Jo and Stefan McKnight are another couple who almost had their nuptials ruined by a blaze, with the pair recently informing the Ellesmere Port Pioneer how an inferno at Peckforton Castle nearly cost them their ceremony.
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *