• No Obligation
  • Save up to 35% online
Get a FREE Quote
Dogs at risk from being poisoned from toxic palm oil washed up on UK beaches
Posted on by marketing

  A white, waxy substance has been discovered on several UK beaches recently. It turns out the waste is potentially deadly to dogs, once consumed the animals writhe around in pain and can end up killing them. So far at least 4 pets have died with dozens more being left poisoned. The substance is solidified palm oil which has been … More

Dogs must be microchipped in England from 2016
Posted on by marketing

From 2016 it will be compulsory that all dog owners must microchip their dogs, this is intended to cut a rise in strays. The microchips will include the owner’s details and a code. Owners that do not comply with this could be looking at fines up to £500. Plans to also prosecute owners that let their dog attack on private … More

Stolen bulldog puppy Charley found after Twitter plea
Posted on by marketing

A family from Warwickshire were heartbroken after their 12-week-old British bulldog puppy was stolen by burglars that had raided the house. The puppy was taken from the property in Cresswell Place, Cawston, Rugby and it is not known whether their pet was targeted as thousands of pounds worth of electrical goods was also stolen from the home. A twitter campaign … More

Man and dog rescued from harbour in Burntisland in Fife
Posted on by marketing

A dog and his owner have been rescued by the King horn RNLI lifeboat crew after they had fallen into the harbour in Fife.The dog’s owner had tried to rescue his pet Rottweiler from the east dock in Burntisland, Fife, but failed to reach his 9.5 stone pet.  The owner had then called for help from the King horn RNLI … More

Labrador trained by Medical Detection Dogs charity to save owner’s life

A Labrador named Maisie is a medical detection dog. This means that she is trained to be aware and act if she senses something wrong.  Her 6-year-old owner, Alena Hughes was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was just 3 years old. Alena relies on Maisie to inform her if she is at risk of falling into a diabetic … More

Dog meant to fly to Arizona ended up in Ireland

A 6-year old dog named Hendrix was meant to fly from Newark to Phoenix but the airline made a mistake. The English springer spaniel ended up in Shannon, Ireland. The dog’s owner was notified of the travel error only a few minutes before Hendrix was due to arrive in Arizona. She said: ‘I felt like somebody had punched me in … More

Jack Russell eats 111 pennies but survives after life-saving surgery

The Jack Russell Terrier named Jack from New York ate a massive 111 coins whilst eating the remainder of a bagel. The pet was eating the bagel leftovers from his owner’s desk. He didn’t realise he was also ingesting over 100 pennies. The dog’s owner could tell there was something not right as his pet started vomiting and his health … More

Dog branded a hero after saving 68-year old French woman’s life
Posted on by marketing

 A French woman tried to take her own life recently in South-East France. She was planning to shoot herself but was stopped by her caring German Shepherd. She intended to shoot herself in the head with a 22-caliber rifle. She had fired several test shots before raising the gun to her head. According to French newspaper ‘Le Figaro’, at the … More

Dog insurance comparison with EandL, offering cheap insurance with a 25% discount online!

E&L® Insurance provides specialist niche insurance products. We are a well known and established provider of personal line niche schemes and have been in business for more than 75 years. We strive to provide a first class claims and customer service on products that offer comprehensive cover and competitive premiums for a variety of insurance products. Our main insurance schemes … More

Fishermen urged to discard hooks carefully

Angling insurance customers may be more wary about what they do with their used fish hooks following one woman's plea to take more care. In an interview with the BBC, Debbie Heuer explained how her ten-week-old border collie Deefa had to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing two hooks. "I know most anglers are very responsible… but everybody who uses the … More

 Page 2 of 12    -  « 1  2  3  4  5 » ...  Last »