Caravan park evacuated following fire
The importance of investing in caravan insurance may have been highlighted by one incident in Cumbria.
Holidaymakers at a site near Grange-over-Sands had to be evacuated after a workshop caught fire, the Westmorland Gazette reports.
Emergency services were called to Oakhead Caravan Park and an exclusion was erected as the hut contained propane, LPG cylinders, petrol and oil tanks.
Watch Manager Emeric Eccles said: “This was a serious fire and certainly very serious for the owner. With no power to the site this could seriously disrupt his business in the lead up to Easter.”
There were no injuries in the blaze, but a number of vehicles including a jeep and two motorcycles were damaged.
Fire fighters were expected to remain at the site for a period of 24 hours in order to stabilise and cool a cylinder of acetylene gas.
Oakhead is a family run caravan park that has been in business for more than 50 years.