You no longer have to leave your beloved pet at home when you go abroad. The Pet Travel Insurance Scheme allows you to take your pet abroad and return to the UK without the need for quarantine. E&L® Pet Travel Insurance provides competitive cover with excellent benefits.
- 2 cover level options: single trip/monthly policy for up to 28 days; yearly policy for multiple trips during a full year
- Up to £2,500 vet's fees cover due to illness/injury starting while on holiday or in quarantine
- Cover for quarantine fees, holiday cancellation, accommodation, theft or straying and public liability included as standard
- Cover for most breeds of cat or dog
- 5% online discount
What would you do if your pet was stolen or went missing in another country, or needed emergency treatment from a vet? E&L® Pet Travel Insurance provides you with peace of mind knowing your pet is covered abroad.
We believe we have the right pet travel insurance for you. Have a look at the benefits of taking out a policy with us today!
Pet travel FAQ's and hints and tips sections.
Pet Travel Policy Information
|Theft or Straying
Pet Travel Qualification
Please see our Pet Travel Qualification document.
The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim. Policy excess is £59 for all sections, except Public Liability claims where it is £250.
1. Lunar monthly policy ()
The following discounts are available on E&L® Pet Travel Insurance:
The total maximum discount per policy is 20%.
Introductory discounts provided only apply to new policies taken out online.
Register a Claim
Several of our claim forms are available to download online in PDF format. After completing the form you will be provided with a download link to your requested claim form which you can simply print out, fill in and either fax or post to us.
To complete the form please click here
Pet Travel Insurance FAQs
If the following FAQs don't answer your query please have a look at our General FAQs or our Leisure and Lifestyle Insurance FAQs sections.
- What are the legal government requirements for me taking my pet abroad on holiday?
So that your pet can travel under the Government\'s Pet Travel Scheme, there are certain conditions that must be met. For this policy to be valid you must comply with all of the conditions set down by the Government as summarised below.\n\nE&L® highlight the required pet travel procedure as follows. In the following order you must:\n
\n\nFor full details of the Pet Travel Scheme and qualifying countries please contact DEFRA by phone: DEFRA Helpline: 08459 335577 or visit www.defra.gov.uk\n\nPet Travel Scheme page: DEFRA Pet Travel\n\nList of European Union (EU) countries and territories: EU Countries\n\nList of Non-European Union listed countries and territories: Non E Countries
- Have your pet microchipped
- Have your pet vaccinated
- Get pet travel documentation
- Tapeworm treatment (dogs only)
- Arrange for your animal to travel with an approved transport company on an authorised route
- Back to top
- What happens if my pet becomes ill and we have to cancel our holiday?
If you have to cancel your holiday due to a pets illness, or if your pet becomes ill whilst on holiday, we will provide the necessary care and compensation for loss - so long as you have had the illness certified by a vet.
- Back to top
Pet Travel Insurance Tips and Advice